Neo G knee braces are rapidly growing in popularity and receive consistently good reviews from users. They were originally only available in the UK, but a few years ago Neo G launched worldwide.
All Neo G braces are
Class 1 medical device registered with the Medicines and Healthcare
products Regulatory Agency. I am really impressed with these braces and
users frequently comment on how comfortable, supportive and great value
for money they are.
All Neo G knee braces are a wrap around style. This style often fits better than pull up sleeves as you can adjust them to your knee, and they are really easy to get on and off rather than having to pull them up your leg. They tend to stay in place better than pull up sleeves and can also be tightened as swelling reduces.
All of these braces are made from heat therapeutic neoprene which helps improve local circulation, beneficial in the relief of arthritic pain or chronic aches and stiffness.
There are four categories of Neo G knee braces, each offering different levels of support and protection. Here we will look at what conditions they are suitable for, how they work and which ones are most effective:
1. Basic Support: for minor injuries, instability and pain
2. Intermediate Support: for mild-moderate injuries, instability and pain
3. Advanced Support: Provide maximum support for moderate to severe injuries, instability and pain
4. Knee Straps: For patellar tracking problems and tendonitis
1) They fit snugly providing some compression to the knee, supporting the muscles and ligaments
2) They retain heat which increases the circulation at the knee to aid healing
There are two types of basic knee brace, open and closed:
Closed Full Sleeve Knee Support: A full sleeve provides support all around the knee joint and retains heat well
Open Sleeve Knee Support: This style has a hole and support buttress at the front. This reduces the
pressure on the kneecap and surrounding bursa which can be helpful when there is pain at the
front of the knee e.g. from
or Runners Knee and helps with patellar tracking.
1) Have inbuilt supports to provide targeted support where needed
2) Have adjustable straps, providing improved support for the knee cap and are made of neoprene to retain heat for healing, just like the basic braces.
Advanced Neo G knee braces are designed to provide the maximum level of support for moderate to severe knee pain and instability. They are suitable for moderate to severe cruciate and collateral ligament sprains, instability, bursitis, meniscus injuries and arthritic pain.
1) Use a combination of splints and hinges to help provide support and prevent further injury
2) As with basic braces, they also support soft tissue through compression and promote healing by retaining heat.
Knee straps are designed to put pressure through the patella tendon
and provide support underneath the kneecap, therefore improving patellar
tracking. This helps reduce the forces going through the kneecap and
patella tendon. They are simple but extremely effective, and people
often can’t believe how such a small strap makes such a difference to
their knee pain.
Choosing a knee brace can be difficult, especially as there are so many different braces on the market. Neo G knee braces are just one of the options out there.
To find the best knee brace for you, visit the Knee Brace Overview section to find out about the different styles of brace available, what conditions they are suitable for, and which ones get the best reviews from users.
*Prices correct as of May 2017. All prices are subject to change. Please note we do not stock products directly and therefore have no control over price changes. See advertising policy for more information.